Redeemer Community Church exists to fulfill the commission Jesus gave to His church: Make disciples. We pursue that mission in four primary ways.
- Gather – The entire church gathers each Sunday to worship together and celebrate what God is doing in our lives and in our community. We sing songs, pray, read the Scriptures, listen to the Scriptures taught, and partake of communion together. We are sent from this gathering as missionaries to take the good news to our homes, our workplaces, our schools, and wherever we may go.
- Go – We are sent from our gathering as missionaries, but we aren’t sent alone. We get together in missional communities that aim to make disciples of a particular place or people in our area. More than a small group, and more than a bible study, these groups aim to take our understanding of Scripture and put it into action.
- Give – We recognize that all of life belongs to God, and all we have is a gift of His grace. Because of this, we generously give of our time, talents, and resources to fuel the mission God has sent us on.
What We Believe – Articles of Faith
- WE BELIEVE IN THE HOLY SCRIPTURE: accepting fully the writings of the Old and New Testaments as the inerrant Word of God, verbally inspired in all parts and therefore altogether sufficient as our only infallible and authoritative rule of faith and practice. Psalm 119:160; Proverbs 30:5a; II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:19-21.
- WE BELIEVE IN THE ONE TRUE GOD: who is an intelligent, sovereign, spiritual and personal Being; perfect, infinite, and eternal in His being, holiness and love, wisdom and power; absolutely separate from and above the world as its Creator, yet everywhere present in the world as the Upholder of all things. He is revealed to us as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, three distinct persons but without division of nature, essence or being, and each having a distinct ministry in God’s relation to His creation and people. Genesis 1:1; Exodus 15:11; Psalm 83:18; Psalm 139:7-9; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; John 15:26.
- WE BELIEVE IN THE LORD JESUS CHRIST: who is the second Person of the Triune God, the eternal Word and Only Begotten Son; that without any change in His divine Person, He became man by miracle of the virgin birth, thus to continue forever as both fully God and fully Man, one Person with two natures; that as Man He was tempted in all points as we are, yet without sin; that as the perfect Lamb of God He gave Himself in death upon the cross, bearing there the sin of the world, and suffering its full penalty of divine wrath in our stead; that He arose from the grave in a glorified body; that as our great High Priest He ascended into heaven, there to appear before the face of God as our advocate and Intercessor. John 1:1, 14; John 3:16; Matthew 1:18-25; Galatians 4:4-5; Philippians 2:6-10; I Corinthians 15:3-7; Hebrews 4:14-16; I John 2:1-2.
- WE BELIEVE IN THE HOLY SPIRIT: who is the Third Person of the Trinity; and the living Agent in nature, revelation and redemption; that He convicts the world concerning sin, righteousness and judgment; that He regenerates, indwells, baptizes, seals and anoints all who become children of God through Christ; that He further empowers, guides, teaches, sanctifies and fills believers who daily surrender to Him. John 3:5; John 14:16,17,26; John 16:7-14; Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:13; II Corinthians 3:18; Ephesians 1:13; Ephesians 5:18.
- WE BELIEVE ALL MEN BY NATURE AND CHOICE ARE SINFUL AND LOST: that man was the direct creation of God, made in His image and likeness; that by personal disobedience to the revealed will of God, man became a sinful creature, in both nature and practice, thus alienated from the life and family of God, under the righteous judgment and wrath of God, and has within himself no possible means of salvation. Genesis 1:27; Genesis 3:6; Psalm 51:5; Romans 3:23; Romans 5:12, 19; Galatians 3:11.
- WE BELIEVE IN SALVATION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH: that salvation is the free gift of God, neither merited nor secured in part or in whole by any virtue or work of man, but received only by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, in whom all true believers have as a present possession the gift of eternal life, a perfect righteousness, sonship in the family of God, deliverance and security from all condemnation, and every spiritual resource needed for life and godliness, and the divine guarantee that they shall never perish; that this salvation affects the whole man; that apart from Christ there is no possible salvation. Ephesians 2:8,9; Titus 3:5; John 1:12; John 3:14; John 10:28,29; Romans 8:1; Philippians 1:6.
- WE BELIEVE IN RIGHTEOUS LIVING AND GODLY WORKS: not as a means of salvation in any sense, but as its proper evidence and fruit; and therefore as Christians we should obey the Word of our Lord, seek the things which are above, walk as he walked, accept as our solemn responsibility the duty and privileges of bearing the Gospel to a lost world; remembering that a victorious and fruitful Christian life is possible only for those who in gratitude for the infinite and undeserved mercies of God have presented themselves wholly to Christ. Ephesians 2:10; Romans 12:1,2; Philippians 2:16.
- WE BELIEVE IN THE EXISTENCE OF SATAN: who originally was created a holy and perfect being, but through pride and wicked ambition rebelled against God, thus becoming utterly depraved in character, the great adversary of God and His people, leader of all other evil angels and wicked spirits, the deceiver and god of this present world: that his powers are vast, but strictly limited by the permissive will of God who overrules all his wicked devices for good; that he was defeated and judged at the cross, and therefore his final doom is certain; that we are able to resist and overcome him only in the armor of God, by the blood of the Lamb and through the power of the Holy Spirit. Isaiah 14:12-15; Ephesians 6:12; I Peter 5:8; I John 3:8; Revelation 12:9-11; Revelation 20:10.
- WE BELIEVE IN OUR LORD’S PERSONAL, IMMINENT RETURN: for His redeemed ones and His coming in glory to judge the rebellious and to establish His reign on earth. John 14:1-3; I Corinthians 15:51,52; Philippians 3:20; I Thessalonians 1:10; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Titus 2:11-14; II Thessalonians 2:7-10; Matthew 24:29-31; Zechariah 14:4-11.
- WE BELIEVE IN THE ETERNAL LIFE: and everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the eternal conscious punishment of the lost. John 1:5; Jude 24; Matthew 25:41; Mark 9:42-48; Revelation 20:11-15.
- WE BELIEVE IN THE PRIESTHOOD OF ALL BELIEVERS: that Christ is our Great High Priest and through Him every born-again person has direct access into God’s presence without the need of a human priest; that the believer has the right and responsibility to personally study and interpret the Scriptures guided by the Holy Spirit. John 14:6; Hebrews 4:16; II Timothy 2:15; I Peter 2:1,5,9.
- WE BELIEVE IN THE LORDSHIP OF JESUS CHRIST: that He alone is Head of the Body of Christ, into which all true believers are baptized by the Holy Spirit; that all members of this one spiritual body should assemble and identify themselves in local churches. I Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 1:22,23; Ephesians 4:11-15; Galatians 1:22.
- WE BELIEVE IN THE IMPORTANCE OF THE LOCAL CHURCH: that a Christian church is a local assembly of born-again baptized believers united in organization to practice New Testament ordinance, to meet together for worship, prayer, fellowship, teaching and a united testimony, and to actively engage in carrying out the Great Commission. Acts 2:41-42; I Corinthians 11:2; Matthew 28:19-20.
- WE BELIEVE IN THE INDEPENDENCE AND AUTONOMY OF THE LOCAL CHURCH: that each Christian church is free to govern itself without ecclesiastical interference, and should cooperate with other Christian churches as the Holy Spirit leads, that it is responsible to follow the church as modeled in the New Testament and is directly accountable to God. Matthew 18:17; Acts 6:1-5; Acts 13:1-3; Acts 15:22-23.
- WE BELIEVE THE ORDINANCES GIVEN TO THE LOCAL CHURCH ARE TWO, BAPTISM AND THE LORD’S SUPPER: that baptism, the visual evidence of one’s personal confession of faith in Christ is by immersion in water, thus portraying the death, burial and the resurrection of Jesus Christ; that the Lord’s Supper is the partaking of the bread and cup by the believer as a continuing memorial of the broken body and shed blood of Christ. Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:41; Acts 8:38-39; Matthew 26:26-30; I Corinthians 11:23-34.
- WE BELIEVE THAT MARRIAGE IS THE BIBLICAL UNION OF ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN: that men and women are created in the very image of God, that gender, male and female, is a gift from God with each sex presenting different aspects of the nature and character of God and thus biblical marriage is a joining together of two for the glory of God and to present to the world an example of the relationship between Christ and the church. Ephesians 5:22-32, Genesis 1:27-28, Genesis 2:24